Even though the plugin has been tested thoroughly, please use it on your own risk.
- Login Functionality
form is presented to the user that allows to enter username and
password. The layout of the form can be horizontal or vertical and can
be formatted through CSS
- Two step registration process - Registration and Activation
First the user registers on the page with login, password, full name
and email. This generates an email to the user with a link that will
then activate the account.
- Forgot Password?
The user can enter his email address to get his account data sent in case he forgot username or password.
- User Preferences
When logged in the user can edit his user account data, i.e. full name, password, email address.
- Administration Mode
When logged in as a user that belongs to the administrator group, it is
possible to switch into CMSimple administration mode without logging
in. The login will be performed implicitely.
- Confirmation Code (Captcha)
The registration form contains a confirmation code that needs to be
entered to ensure that just people and no robots register. There are
- No confirmation code at all ("none"),
- A randomly generated mathematical formula, e.g. "1 + 2 + 8", for which the user needs to enter the result, or
- An image displaying a code, e.g. "AGHICO", which the user has to enter to confirm his input.
- Users file on server side (colon separated fields) specifying
- user name
- user's full name
- user's email
- user's password in either clear text or encrypted form
- list of access groups the user belongs to, e.g. admin, member, guest etc.
- status, i.e. user got activated
- Access Groups file on server side
- Administration area allows administration of users and groups in CSV files
- The code for creating the captcha image is based on code from Geniz' Guestbook.
used the code from Michael Svarrer's Memberpages plugin user
administration code as example for the Register plugin user